Time: December 4, 2009 at 9am to December 7, 2009 at 5pm
Organized By: Prof. Inder Kumar Rana, Dept. of Mathematics, IIT Bombay
Two main themes proposed are:
• Role of technology in teaching of mathematics
• Innovative practices in teaching mathematics
We hope that TIME 2009, like Time 2005 and TIME 2007, will serve a dual role: as a forum in which mathematics educators and teachers will come together to discuss and to probe major issues associated with the integration of technology in mathematics teaching and learning, and as a place where they can share their perspectives, personal experiences, and innovative teaching practices.
• Invited one hour talks on the issue of technology in mathematics education and innovative practices in math education by experts.
• Short 20-30 minute presentations by school/college teachers on their existing innovative practices in teaching and efforts in integrating technology in teaching of mathematics.
• Poster presentations on innovations in teaching, book exhibition and software demonstrations.
• Hand on workshops on the role and use of Hardware like calculators and Computers, Tablet PCs, and software like Dynamic Geometry , Maple, Mathematica, Mupad, and others in mathematics education.
• Workshops on recreational mathematics mental mathematics are also planned.
If you would like to register as a Candidate to participate or would like to Present a Paper, as an educator or teacher you can send us a mail at gtekriwal(at)vedicmathsindia(dot)org . We will then send you the relevant details.